Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Family Applique Quilt





This is a very special quilt for me. I made it for my mother for Mother's Day 2000. This is the first quilt I finished. The pictures are all family photos. One of my favorite pictures with my late sister is in the quilt. The large picture is my grandmother. There is another picture at her 100th birthday party. My grandmother lived to be 103. My mom has it hanging in her bedroom. I decided to have it machine quilted so it would be completed on Mother's Day that year. The quilter followed the pattern in the fabric so the back round looks like wallpaper. I did all piecing and hand applique on the quilt. I ironed muslin fabric on freezer paper, cut is down to 8 1/2 x 11 and copied the pictures onto the fabric. Worked really well.

6 comments:

  1. wow, this is gorgeous, nicely done....I am offering a Verve stamps giveaway on my blog, second post down...have a super day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt. Can I ask what brand you used for the printable fabric sheets?
    (If that is what you used)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie, what a beautiful and heartwarming quilt! You should make some for your etsy store. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this quilt!! I love the family charm of it, and I love the heart put into it...gives me a lot of ideas. Now did you print those pictures on fabric? Very nice. I ahve heard of that and have been thinking of doing that.

    ReplyDelete